Resveratrol Health Benefits
Do you want to feel and look younger, have more energy, lose weight, slow your aging process and fight many of the aging diseases – all at no cost??
Then you too can start to enjoy all these Health Benefits with the Resveratrol Select Risk Free Trial. How good is that? Please take advantage like I did – while you can
Following the recent exposure on television (Barbara Walters, CNN and 60 Minutes) and print media (New York Times), people are curious and asking what is resveratrol?
- Is it really the new red wine health wonder drug or is it just a passing fad?
- Is it the long waited for and best anti aging product on the market today?
- Are the much discussed Resveratrol Benefits And Resveratrol Supplements something we should be serious about and and take regularly
- Are the so called wine health benefits just an imagination?
- Is it one of the best antioxidant foods available?
I’ll try to answer those questions in this website in a manner that you can read, understand and most of all, that will inspire you want to take action and start taking what some people are calling a wonder drug!!
Well my wife and I and many of our friends are true believers of all that has been written and said about the Resveratrol health benefits and now regularly take our Resveratrol supplements. Since we started taking this resveratrol supplement we have noticed quite a change in our every-day lives, mainly in terms of increased energy, more relaxed sleep and better joint mobility.
You could say that we are experiencing the red wine benefits without any of the after affects of drinking too much!!
Most of the advertised benefits are very hard to measure, however in the various testing that has been carried out on mice and fish they indicate a real possibility of far more reaching and beneficial outcomes from regularly taking resveratrol supplements.
What Is Resveratrol?
Resveratrol is a natural superior antioxidant compound found in an abundance in red grapes (mainly the skins), grape seed extract, red wine, Japanese Knotweed, peanuts and some berries. A new study has also discovered that significant levels of resveratrol can also be found in cocoa powder and dark chocolate. Amounts of reservatrol in a bottle of red wine can vary depending on the growing season and the types of grapes the wine comes from. However nearly all the darker red wines (especially Pinot Nior, Merlot, Cabernet and Shiraz) contain far higher amounts of resveratrol than what white wines or grape juice does. Unfortunately if you were to claim the daily benefits of resveratrol by drinking red wine you would need to consume quite a few bottles which is not really advisable. Resveratrol comes in two forms, cis-resveratrol and trans-resveratrol.
Resveratrol Health Benefits
While resveratrol has recently been subjected to extensive research and experiments, it will take some time yet to definitely confirm that all the hugely exciting and positive long term health benefits of resveratrol will also affect humans in the same manner as it has in the mice being tested. For years many scientists have been attempting to find out what was responsible for the French great heart disease statistics, where their diets were often much worse than the diets in other countries. They often smoked, drank a lot of coffee, ate a lot of pastries and generally had a diet that was very high in fat. But what else did they do and much more so than other countries, perhaps excluding the Mediterranean? They consumed a very high quantity of dark red wine!! So was it the benefits of red wine that caused this medical paradox? The initial results of trials would suggest this to be the case.
Following are the red wine health benefits (and therefore resveratrol);
- Increased levels of energy and better muscle health In the laboratory tests mice on resveratrol ran twice as far on a treadmill than mice not on resveratrol. Tests showed that wine resveratrol increased muscle tissue oxygen consumption in these lab mice and there was an increase in the number of mitochondria in their muscle tissue. What that means in layman’s terms is that if you regularly take resveratrol it can effectively transform your muscles to resemble those only usually found in trained athletes. Perhaps another interesting effect may be that of the Sirtuins, enzymes which become less powerful with aging. Evidence shows that resveratrol may in fact trigger these sirtuins, therefore strengthening them and so assist in warding off degenerative disease.
- Better heart health There are now studies which reveal that red wine drinkers have approxiametly 50% the risk of heart disease than those that don’t drink any red wine. The resveratrol is protective against cholesterol.
- Improved brain and kidney health Spanish researchers investigated the red wine health benefits by monitoring lab mice fed a high-cholesterol diet and then one which also included resveritol. They concluded that red wine may protect the brain and kidneys against oxidative stress and high blood cholesterol.
- Improved prostate health and a more regular urine flow A recent University of Alabama study found a reduction in the development of prostate cancer in mice by 87%, in addition a slowing of the cancer’s progression, all by the mice being fed resveratrol.
- Improved breast health in women Research so far with animals show that resveratrol inhibits the development of esophageal, intestinal and mammary (breast) cancer. This resveratrol link to breast cancer is hugely significant because it means that resveratrol could slow or stop the progression of breast cancer, because breast cancer is usually caused by increased estrogen levels. I’m sure you’re aware or the importance of this as breast cancer is the 6th biggest cause of death and is the most common kind of cancer amongst women in America.
- Improved cell protection When resveratrol is added to cells, it has been found to inhibit the production of several human cancer cell lines, including those from breast, prostate, stomach, colon, pancreatic and thyroid cancers.
- Antioxidant supplement Take a proactive approach to reducing your risk by eating a balanced diet, exercising and supplementing with antioxidants like resveratrol, which science has shown to provide protection against many cancers and ailments.
- Anti aging supplement Resveratrol may be amongst the most important anti-aging supplements ever discovered. Initial research on fish and non-invertebrates that have taken resveratrol show increased life-spans of between 33%-60%. Researchers have said that adding small amounts of resveratrol to diets of middle-aged mice significantly slowed their aging and kept their hearts more healthy and when mice were given higher doses with a high-fat diet, it staved off premature death. Researchers also understand that resveratol actually can extend life in the same way that calorie restricted diets do. This happens when the body is activated at a genetic level to produce Sirtuin 1, an enzyme involved in cellular regulation.
- Resveratrol may be protective against lung cancer Between 2000 and 2003, Dr. Chun Chao studied members aged 45 to 69 at Kaiser’s California Men’s Study. There she identified 210 cases of lung cancer and measured the effect of beer, red wine and white wine consumption on the risk of lung cancer. With each glass of red wine consumed per month she found that there was a 2 percent lower chance of lung cancer, but there was no benefit when they drank white wine or beer. The highest risk reduction was the smokers who drank 1 – 2 glasses of red wine every day. In tests with mice that were given resveratrol supplements, the compound retarded lung cancer growth and also induced lung cancer cells to commit apoptosis.
- Resveratrol may reduce liver disease Resveratrol reduced the amount of fat produced in the liver of mice fed alcohol and increased the rate at which the liver fat was broken down. Heavy drinking of alcohol will cause fat to accumulate in the liver which can lead to cirrhosis, fibrosis, and other liver diseases. Previous studies show that chronic alcohol drinking inhibits the 2 proteins (AMPK and SIRT1) which are significant in the breakdown of fats in the liver. This allows fats to build-up. Fresh USA studies support the premise, that the protective wine health benefits of a glass of red wine a day could actually protect against liver disease. And as we now know there is a link between the great health benefits of wine to that of wine resveratrol, which is a powerful natural polyphenol and antifungal chemical which occurs under the skin of red wine grapes. Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) which was almost totally unknown over 20 years ago, is now the most common liver disease in America, which affects in excess of 40 million adults and is expected to grow worldwide as nations become increasingly obese. For those who took red wine resveratrol (antioxidant supplement) daily reduced the odds of having suspected NAFLD by 50 per cent. By contrast, people who consumed only modest levels of beer or spirits had over four times the odds of having suspected NAFLD.
- Resveratrol could reduce colon cancer risk A recent Californian study found that low doses of freeze-dried grape powder (resveratrol powder) could actually inhibit the development of colorectal cancer. This is due to the polyphenols and synergistic effects between the grape compounds. This follows a 2006 study which found that resveratrol could reduce colon cancer risk by 67%
A new drug has just passed the final stage of animal testing, which brings the reality closer of a multi- purpose drug which fights the diseases of aging (alzheimer’s, diabetes, cancer and other age-related diseases) and so increasing life expectancy.
SRT1720 is the chemical cousin of resveratrol and targets, the same enzyme that resveratrol targets. The protective properties of compounds found in red wine resveratrol are the growing focus of research and clinical tests investigating amongst other things, the dietary mechanisms to stem the growing tide of diseases such as obesity, heart disease and diabetes.
The discovery of resveratrol and the benefits for us are truly exciting. By spending under 50 cents per day and taking a capsule you can now enjoy some very measurable benefits in improving your quality of daily life, but also with the very real possibility that you could also be protecting yourself from all the ailments mentioned above. Wouldn’t it great to live a little longer so you could enjoy your grandchildren more, but if not live longer what about if your quality of your life improves dramatically as you get older which means you can continue to participate in activities that earlier generations weren’t able to at that age. Fantastic!!! While they are developing a drug that imitates all the qualities of Resveratrol, it has been available for years in capsule or powder form and it is completely natural with NO side effects . Drug companies are not able to patent any herbal medicinal extracts so they will continue with research and develop resveratrol into a drug form, but probably won’t be available in 3 to 4 years. Personally I’d far rather be enjoyingthe Resveratrol Health Benefits And taking Resveratrol Supplements (and perhaps one of the only anti aging products) now and enjoy all the immediate health benefits