Areanti aging supplements just a hoax or do they really work? If you want to slow the aging process, consider anti aging supplements.
Here are some things to watch for.Everyone wants to slow the aging process, even those who want to “age gracefully”. However, there is a debate going on over whether using anti aging supplements will really work.
There are some that still believe that plenty of exercise, a proper diet and the right amount of sleep is really all you need to fight the aging process.
And if it works for them, who am I to argue? I’m a big proponent of exercise, diet and sleep. You have to start there for any anti aging program to work. But if you’re doing all that and you’re still feeling the effects of age, you may want to consider supplementation.
The fact is that researchers have now proven that vitamin supplementation can prevent several common chronic diseases. The average American diet does not provide the optimal amounts of nutrients. However, supplementation is not an adequate substitute for a good diet.
To start, a good quality multivitamin is the core of any supplementation program. With or without iron is a subject of argument, but I would recommend if you need iron supplementation, it should be taken separately as most people get sufficient iron in their diet and too much can pose problems as well as impede absorption of other vitamins.
Tips on Buying Anti Aging Supplements
* Research before you buy. Know what you are buying, the proper amounts, and any side effects
* Buy a quality brand. It should have a certificate of analysis, adhere to GMP standards, and use standardized herbal extracts.
* Check first for reactions if you are taking any prescription medications. Some supplements clearly state they are not to be used with certain drugs.
* Always check with your physician or an anti aging specialist for the proper dosage and combination.
Beyond that, here is a list of widely accepted (in the anti aging field) supplements you should explore further.
I will be going into each one separately in future articles, but here is a brief summary:
* Alpha lipoic acid – a strong antioxidant that has proven to be helpful in a wide variety of conditions including diabetes,stroke,memory and brain function and numerous other benefits
* Acetyl L-carnitine – enhances memory as well as mental quickness
* Coenzyme Q10 - has been shown to improve many conditions associated with aging but is most known for it’s cardiac or heart disease benefits.
* Green tea extracts – green tea catechins may play a role in cognitive enhancement, maintaining proper weight and lowering risk of certain cancers
* Omega 3 Fish Oil -Fish Oil supports healthy heart and cardiovascular function, the function of cellular membranes and healthy brain development.
* Resveratrol - found in red wine, this powerful antioxidant provides anti-inflammatory, cardio protective and neuro protective functions.
* Ascorbyl palmitate – a fat-soluble Vitamin C, this antioxidant helps protect cells from free radical damage.
* Vitamin E – actually Annatto Tocotrienols, a new type of Vitamin E, helps to promote the cardiovascular system.
Bruce N. Ames, PhD, a professor of biochemistry and molecular biology at the University of California, Berkeley, swears by: his daily 800 mg of alpha-lipoic acid and 2,000 mg of acetyl-L-carnitine. In these amounts, he says, the chemicals boost the energy output of mitochondria, which power our cells. “I think mitochondrial decay is a major factor in aging,” Ames says–it’s been linked to diseases such as Alzheimer’s and diabetes.
This is not a comprehensive listing, nor should you go out and buy a bunch of supplements. Always check with your physician first and you may want to see a doctor specializing in anti aging.
You may also want to be tested first for any deficiencies – an important step before you start any supplementation.
Should you start an anti aging supplement program? That’s a personal choice and one Totally up to you. Give any program a chance to do its job – usually a month or two, before deciding if it works for you.
This is part of a series of articles on anti aging. To receive updates and a free copy of Healthy Aging, go here: Anti Aging Supplements
|By GiGi Konwin
Anti Aging Vitamins If you are one of those who is getting really worried about the wrinkles on your skin, you might want to use some anti aging products to help your skin look younger.
[affmage source="ebay" results="6"]anti aging supplements[/affmage]
[affmage source="amazon" results="6"]anti aging supplements[/affmage]